MAY DAY

MUGUET or LILY of the VALLEY DAY


La tradition

First of MAY -MAY DAY 
-I love the tradition in France of bringing Lily of the Valley to friends and having a little pot on the table and seeing it being sold on every street corner . . . .
This all started in 1561  by Charles IX as a good luck and happiness offering . . .. .. much like our  ''Have a NICE DAY'' greeting . . .

Here in Montreal today my garden is full of  lily of the valley but none blooming yet in 5 C weather! All I can see are the green leaves  reaching up into the rainy day . . .It will be another 3-4 weeks before the ground warms up from a snowless  winter!

On looking carefully at these in photo I can see that the French Muguets are not blooming very well on time this year. . ... . also due to a long cold winter!

Comments

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Message if you find me here!