JOE NORRIS PAINTING to HOOKED RUG

Nova Scotia FOLK ARTIST 
JOE NORRIS

I am very fond of Joe Norris paintings and have mentioned here before this fact . . .Here is a rug hooked by my friend from Vermont, Betts.She is capturing the feeling very well from the photo I would say . . .the blue is a different hue but she is hooking this piece with what she has  meaning only  left over scraps . . . .that was her personal challenge! GOOD work Betts !It is charming!
Pattern is available from Highland Heart  in Nova Scotia . .

Comments

  1. LOVE both of them!!!!!!!! The rug is really a very good adaptation of the painting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes--I think it has lots of charm---she did a wonderful adaptation! Burma

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is actually my husband's uncle, Joe Norris "Uncle Joes" I still look at a sunset and think 'oh what colors Uncle Joes uses in heaven' Nice work on the rug hooking...a soon-to- be lost art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful-- wow! The softer hues are a good choice for the rug medium.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was googling Joe Norris' work and came across this rug piece-- so beautiful! The softer colours are a good choice for the rug medium. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Message if you find me here!