VISITOR

LOVE those LITTLE HUMMING BIRDS
This is the busy season for these beautiful little birds as they are feeding up sugar to travel 4,000 miles or more going south away for the winter . .so they are franticly feeding and fighting around the feeder these days . . .
Yesterday afternoon I came into the house and there was a little baby one flying by the ceiling . . .
I was shocked  that it got into the house -BUT- how to get it out?
While my husband held the door open . . .I waved a broom around up near it . . . .nothing happened -it just kept flying in the same spot . . .not at all afraid . . . .
I edged the broom(Soft bristles) up closer slowly  . . .getting nearer . . .still it wasn't afraid . . .
so I touched it . . .and it sort of did a startled  humming bird jump  . . .and landed right ON the BROOM!!relieved to stop fluttering its wings!
 I quickly went out the door with it and in a few seconds it flew off happily!
So just in case this happens to you-show it the broom  . . . . .

Comments