SIGNING a RUG Doris Eaton WAY

 HAS TO BE THE BEST I'VE SEEN!
Doris is lucky her name is short enough to just  fit nicely with the full date . . .note the nice background . . .
I am trying to label my last rug and get all the info down properly . . .of course I forgot to put my initials on the front bottom right (the Nova Scotia traditional way) . .I find they just never fit into my design so I sign the back on the binding tape.To make this really beautiful you can do it by hand with embroidery thread . . .on a seperate little strip of binding tape sewn on at the very end.I myself usually write  with the sewing machine . . . and get a good result like this . . .
I will then with permanent marker make a  muslin label with more information on it and sew it to the back . . .note *A handy tip-it is easy to add the size  on the cloth label at this time then when you enter a show its always there for quick reference!
PS
 Doris Eaton has a new book coming out in the spring!A MUST GET!especially if you do not know her work . . .She is referred to as  '' Nova Scotias Grand DAME of Rug Hooking''  . . .more like CANADAs I think!

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you're talking about labeling rugs - it's so important! I have been known to forget to so this however. I love your embroidered rug tape - my sewing machine will stitch the alphabet so I used that on twill tape for my very first rug - and not since! LOL I'll have to be better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Message if you find me here!