VOILA!! FINISHED RUG @ LAST!!

TEDDY BEARS COOKIE RUG . . for Justine
HERE it is all DONE @ LAST!!one year and 3 days . . .later . . goodness . . . life sure got in the way!
Started as this drawing  3 JAN 2010 @ full actual size
This is my version of the old 3 Bears rug  Bluenose in Nova Scotia and Frost in New England . . .the littlest one is my grandaughter with a bowl of fresh COOKIES  . .which she loves . . .''C is for cookies ''is from the COOKIE Monster which she also loves!The STARS are to WISH upon . . .and the CROWS are  3 because of the Nova Scotia childrens song about crows
One crow SORROW
2 Crows JOY 
3 CROWS a GIRL
 4 CROWS a BOY . . .
I cant remember the rest . . .but will find it and post  . . .
The crows appear a bit dark here but it is just the photo . . I couldnt manage better inside the house . . .as its snowing out today  . . .
The top border of a rug with one design VIEW ( eg.frontwards) is always difficult for me not to get it DARK . . .as then the rug wants to come up off the floor at you! This time it was good though . .. 
I love crows and my little JUSTINE.
So now I am on to BINDING  for as long as that takes me . . . .

Comments

  1. It's a darling rug!! What a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! I remember seeing the start of it last February. Speaking of which--I may be in Montreal at the end of January. What days are your classes? I would love to get back to see you.

    xine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judith---You did it!!! And yes it's been QUITE a year!!! I love the crows too! and the happy cheerful bears---and who doesn't love cookie monster. Lucky little munchkins---you sweet ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments they mean a great deal to me!!
    YES QUITE a YEAR! for sure . . .one adventure after another but I got the RUG finished!!I have found the crow poem so will add it . . .
    Judith

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Message if you find me here!