TIPS on EDGE FINISH FOR YOUR RUG

 CHOOSING YOUR FINISHED EDGE STYLE
Choose  the style -I cut little cards to mark the distance I want left for the type of edge I want.
As above I have marked the cards . . .
#1Roll forward and whip it - with  100%wool YARN 
#2 Binding tape  only  and 
#3 Whipping the edge with a cord in it.
Here I mark my Hooked piece . . .in this case a teacozy with a slightly uneven finished  hooked edge  . . because I am sewing together a front and back of the teacozy . .no I have never done this bewfore but it seemed  right to have the 2 sew up well together . . .I'll let you know when I have it done!
After marking I cut it out . . . . .
I seem to be doing all this finishing information backwards . . .but I have had  requests for more basic info so I share it here  . . 
 REMEMBER  though. . . . . . 
there are many ways to do all this . . . .NO RULES . . . .this is only my way . . . .you can choose any highway your heart desires!

Comments

  1. What a great tool you've made to help you with the different binding techniques! Can you tell us the measurements you use for each one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea. I tend it try and "eyeball" it - with less than stellar results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you Judith!!! Very good clear easy to understand....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Message if you find me here!