CROWS POEMS and Hooked RUGS

EVELYN LAWRENCE HOOKED MAT
DESIGNED by Magdalena Briner
I met Evelyn in a rug class in Vermont and saw her wonderful copies of Magdalenas beautiful old  rugs . . . .better in person than here on the screen . . .Thank you Evelyn for teaching me about this rug artists incredible  rugs!
I think by the way .  .at Wooley Fox you can get the patterns 


Some of these  old mats are in my favourite rug hooking book "Folk ART Underfoot" . .Magdalena had many different subjects . ..  .but I choose this one today as I wanted to post the words to that old Nova Scotia poem about crows that I am so very fond of . . .here it is:



COUNTING CROWS

One crow SORROW
Two crows JOY
Three crows a GIRL
Four crows a BOY
Five crows SILVER
SIX crows GOLD
Seven crows a SECRET
. . … Never to be told. . . .
Eight crows a WISH
Nine crows a KISS
TEN crows a time
. . . . of  joyful BLISS!

Comments