SKATING PROGRESS

SKATING  2010
I DECIDE TO INVEST IN A NEW PAIR of GRANDMOTHER SKATES  . . .
FROM these:my grandmothers



TO Nanas NEW SKATES

I am not sure how I came to own the first pair . . .maybe they were my grandmothers,Constance Ritchies .She played  hockey on the Trois Rivieres GIRLS HOCKEY TEAM  in the MONTREAL FORUM . . .in a long skirt with a bustle and a very elegant  chapeau!Black figure skates . .perhaps a boot attached to the above first skates photo . . .I dont remember but I think these were her skates    . . . . . . .
as I wizzzzzzed around the ice after the Zamboni watered it. . .  I must say I thought I better let the  grandson  pace me before I fell flat on my bottom . . .it was thrilling . . .
but I realize I have perhaps grown up as I did not have any desire to sleep with these new skates as I once  did with my first pair of tall hand made riding boots . . . .I just told the sales girl I wanted the most comfy pair of skates available . . .padded wherever was fine for me . . . 

Comments

  1. Very very cool skates!! Both pairs!!
    Cathy g

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful are your grandmother's skates. I see a rug in them! Those curly toes would make a beautiful border. As for your new skates--very cool!

    What a wonderful grandmother you are.
    xine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enjoying the mental picture of you skating with your grandkids. What a happy thought -- and great skates, all four of them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Message if you find me here!