GEOMETRIC CIRCLE RUG

A DIFFERENT CIRCLE BOWL RUG
Here is Dawns wonderful 'CIRCLES RUG' done with a BOWL and a template centre  motif scattered about in the circles.This is a great  pattern to hook for a 'FIRST RUG' . . .all you need are lots of colour and VALUE  choices in your wool stash . . . .
Congratulations Dawn on your recent  BLOG AWARDS!


(I am gone for a few days BEAVER HUNTING!)
Beaver predators . . 
Because beavers spend most of their lives either in the water or in a lodge protected by water, they have very few natural predators .

Of the successful predators that they do have, however, wolves and humans are the major two. Other predators include bears, lynxes, wolverines, red foxes, and dogs. In North America coyotes and possibly river otters also prey on beavers. There is question of whether river otters eat found carcasses of beavers or if they actually hunt and kill them; regardless, the beaver is rarely found to be part of river otters' diet. (Rosell and Czech, 2000)






Comments

  1. I love this rug! Such a modern example of circle designs. The colors are so rich! And... attack of the beavers a block from our home. They took down several trees in a retirement village. Must have come up out of the creek. Very unusual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you - I flattened the ends of the star for my template, I didn't want them as pointy as a traditional "star", plus I didn't intend for any of them to match up, so I intentionally shifted the star slightly for each circle. As to the wool in this rug - I bought a stash on ebay from a woman whose mother had died - she had been a long time rug hooker, and had dyed most of her own wool. I think it was a fitting tribute to this hooker that her wool ended up in this rug

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Message if you find me here!