SCRAPS to a GEOMETRIC RUG


This is a great log cabin traditional type of design to use up those scraps and make a great rug for the floor!

I love the primitive feeling and the dots sprinkled about . . .

Good for hook-ins as you can really just hook away and not think toooooo much!!Just what I need these days to have going on rug hooking wise . . .. 

Put all those scraps into a bag  . . .any width would be fine . .. just hook the height of your widest strip!

Choose the size of your block and start on the outside of the centre square  . . . . . . . . . . .hooking to the corner and then 
hook the square . .. . .

Comments

  1. Beautiful...Thank you for sharing those tips. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great rug....scrappy and whimsical...I too love the dots scattered about. I like how it is random, but not too random...just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! This looks nice, though I'm not quite sure if it will look good in our office. I just bought a new one from a nearby store, as my wife's doing some carpet cleaning. Orange County, California is where our office is located, and it's a bit rainy here. One of our beautiful floor covers got stained because of the drippings. The maintenance had to contact carpet cleaning in Orange County (CA) for the stain removal. Anyway, I'll tell my wife about this design. I think she might wanna consider putting a rug in the kids' bedroom. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Message if you find me here!