HOOKING FACES

DYEING WOOL for Hooking FACES 


Here today are 2 faces hooked by a friend for which I dyed the wool.
As I explained to Burma -I dyed marbleized  wool in  a pale assortment of colours to mix in with the fleshy tones . .giving  value contrasts to play around with  and therefore not having to hook the faces in a realistic way . . .
This is a very playful design by the great Bev Conway of Vermont!
Not easy to hook I don't think ! . . .


Rosemary you have done an incredible job!!!!
The neck ,being extremely long and exaggerated was very hard for her -The length  made it stand out  . .but the direction of her hooking lines
made it all work out!
Its going to be a super rug!

Comments

  1. Love the way she hooked the long neck! Very neat pattern. Hope we can see it when she's done hooking! Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those shades really work to give the face character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK---now I see what you mean, and why the dying needs to include lots of different colors in addition to the flesh tones---Merci!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Message if you find me here!