AN ARTIST I have JUST DISCOVERED


PLAYFUL ARTWORK

Yesterday 
I visited a friend and discovered  this artist by this incredible sculpture at her home! So, today I thought I would share with you my joy of learning about the  feel good artwork of Judy Onofrio!!!!!
Her work reminds me very much of yesterdays  faces rug  and Bev Conways happy and joyfully playful hooked rugs  and designs . . 


JUDY ONOFRIO


Onofrio's work is noted for its spirit of play and humor. She states, "I've always tried to enjoy the good times in my life, revel in the humor and, like Rapunzel, have taken the bad times and tried to spin something good out of them. I think the magic of my work is the natural inclination of most people to do the same. 




onofgar.jpg


So, humor and playfulness being the fabric of my life, continues to inform my work." Judy Onofrio's artwork is exhibited at several galleries and museums including the Minneapolis Institute of Arts and the Weisman Art Museum at the University of Minnesota.



.

For more information about the artist, visit
http://www.judyonofrio.com/work/past/default.html

Comments

  1. I thought the same thing when I first looked at this piece. I assumed it may have been the inspiration for yesturdays rug post.
    A very fun piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW---what a piece to live with. How delightfully spirited and free!!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim- NO my post yesterday went online BEFORE I DISCOVERED this artist!!!Amazingly enough!!!YEs Burma I thought you would like it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Message if you find me here!