GEOMETRIC-traditional Quilt BOWL DESIGN

UNUSUAL COLOUR CHOICES again for this DESIGNER RUG 
made by Maureen Rowe  for our BOWL rug circles challenge!
Maureen asked me to dye her lots of greens, soft yellows,and pinks . . .for her version of this geometric pattern . . .
It was to go in her living room and she wanted to match her drapes or something . .. which is why I call it a 'designer ' rug!
Now I am in no way one to do such a thing. . . .  so I thought this was going to be a rather ordinary rug and I had to dye  a bit more un-ordinary wool . .
Therefore, I decided to do some dip dyed greens to pale yellow  and some dipped dyed pinks to yellow . .. .






WHAT A WONDERFUL SURPRISE it was to see what Maureen did with these 1/2 yards or green and pinks!!!The BORDER IS SPECTACULAR!!!I love the pattern the green dipped  wool did and how you USED the wool to enhance your beautiful RUG!!Hurray for you Maureen!!!You did a great job!!

Comments

  1. It really is beautiful ~ and perfect for those who say they aren't interested in hooking because they don't like primitive! It doesn't have to be dark and antique looking at all! Your dye job was great!! I'm dabbling in dying light colors ~ it's a stretch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like Alice, need some lights and it's not easy after these years of primarily darks! Love the effect of the dip dyes and the colors in this rug! It is classic with a fresh breath of modern! Fabulous! Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes I thought this was a great new way to hook a classic rug!Maureen did an amazing job!Thanks for the comments girls! she will be thrilled to see them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Message if you find me here!