ALWAYS LOOK AT THE FRONT and BACK of YOUR RUGS!

PORTRAIT FRONT or BACK =BOTH  INTERESTING VIEWS
It is hard to imagine that these 2 mats are the same rug  !
This is a portrait  my friend is doing of her new grandson .  . simple and primitive on the front  here to the left . . . .
she put him on a piece of paper and traced around him to get a life size shape and then used an old blanket to hook him all pink and sweet , handsome and beautiful!
The direction of her hooking lines playing a major part in the shaping of this baby . . . . .  . It is so interesting to see the back of her mat . . .he looks almost as if this portrait was  made of mosaics instead of hooked!The blanket was peachy coloured  on the reverse side and the portrait is much more realistic!. . . .even in its simplicity . . .I love the hooking lines on the back . . .lucky baby to have such a talented Grandmaman!!


Comments

  1. Thank You for sharing, one of the first things I do when I look at a new rug I peek at the back to see the quality of the stitches.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Message if you find me here!