MARBLEIZED WOOL for HOOKING RUGS


MARBLEIZED WOOL above was  done with four  -1/2 yard pieces of WOOL
1.Deep YELLOW
2.Bright RED_Violet
3.Sea BLUE     and
4.Natural
ROLLED UP TWISTED together -tied-and put in the pot . . . with 2 tbls of detergent  etc. . .I presume,perhaps wrongly, that everyone knows what MARBLEIZING WOOL is . . . although I bought a DYE Book with formulas for marbleizing whites and it was  a completely other  thing!So you never know!
Here, below it , is a sample of a 3 pin  dyed QUICK  SHIBORI -which came out nicely . . . .it seemed dark but when cut up it went a few values lighter and was perfect for my friends project-so although the wool LOOKS BEAUTIFUL in a solid piece of yardage . . . REMEMBER  - to think what it will look like cut up and hooked in your rug!!I always make little  folded loops  with the wool to get an idea . . the MARBLEIZED WOOL ABOVE is so beautiful "as is" I just may never cut it up!
I am off to our Montreal HOOK-IN this morning . . . will report  tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Oh, my! That's a beautiful piece of wool! It looks like a sunset to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it does doesn't it!!!!Perfect SUNSET!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Message if you find me here!