ViVE L'AMOUR

'Art Breaker' made by my dear husband one year for Valentines Day -small about 4'' by 2.5''


Designer: Francois Dallegret
sold at  Areaware .com
sometimes at Moma in NYC
and other Museums around the world
Material: Steel with 14k gold and chrome plating
A table object or paperweight, comprised of two precision pieces that rotate on a hidden central axis. 

 I have just been reading  to my darling grandchildren a poem for valentines day by a poet whom I adore.. .so I thought I would share it here for you all today also . . .. .


from 'LOVE POEMS" by  Nikki Giovanni


' And I Have You'


Rain has drops    Sun has shine
Moon has dreams     That make you mine




Rivers have banks   Sands for shores
Hearts   have heartbeats   That make me yours


Needles have eyes     Though pins may prick
Elmer has glue   To make things stick


Winter has Spring    Stockings feet
Pepper has mint   To make it sweet




Teachers have lessons    Soup du Jour
Lawyers sue bad folks    Doctors cure




All and all this much is true 
You have me and I have you





Comments

  1. lovely poem Judith
    Here is another I love:

    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
    my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
    i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
    by only me is your doing,my darling)
    i fear
    no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
    no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
    and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
    and whatever a sun will always sing is you

    here is the deepest secret nobody knows
    (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
    and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
    higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
    and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

    i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

    ee cummings

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK you Leslie Ilove this poem also!!!I will save it always-in my heart . . .ee cummings wife was a distant relative of mine-I met him once he was absolutely charming!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Message if you find me here!