The MATTING SEASON and Hooking with Nylons



Here we are in the middle of the matting season of 2010 (winter)
 While going through my rug hooking library books yesterday ,I came upon this wonderful book on Grenfell mats  with many beautiful
photos and the history of these amazing mats produced in Newfoundland in the 30s and 40s.

I had forgotten what fun ...we on cyberspace had during the Great matting season of 2001!
Wanda and Tony Latham also made  little mats for the swap . .

Tonys is the Heading for his blog Totally-hooked Escapades .. .and Wandas shepherd has lost his sheep forever. . . . . .
Here is a photo of the first page of the article of the in NOV/DEC 2001 issue of Rug Hooking Magazine with the mat I received in the swap-Marney Cherringtons,of Gravenhurst,Ontario.(Marney got mine)

This is my little  Grenfell style mat -it is about 12X12'' as I seem to remember . .and the POLAR BEARS are still having a hard life  . . .nothing has improved for them.
'How to Hook with NYLONS' or Panty hose . . .watch for  instructions !

Comments